Welcome to the Community School Corporation of Southern Hancock County. We are happy to have you as a part of our school family!
Click here to download the enrollment packet for Pre-Kindergarten for 2018-2019.
New Move-In District Students:
If you are new to our district and live within our district boundaries, please use the map below to determine which of our three elementary schools your child will attend.
All 5th and 6th-grade students will attend New Palestine Intermediate School. All 7th and 8th-grade students will attend New Palestine Junior High. All 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students will attend New Palestine High School.
Be sure to withdraw from your previous school prior to registration.
2018-19 New Student Registration:
New move-in parents should download this form for registration for 2018-19.
When completed, parents may either send this form via email to Amber Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at the Administration Office at 4711 County Rd 500 W in New Palestine, or come to your child's future school on one of our walk-in registration dates.
Please also attach or bring the following for registration:
- A copy of your student's transcript (if available)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of residency (this must be a driver's license, bill, anything that is official from your home purchase or rental agreement.)
Additional Documentation as it pertains to your student:
- IEP or 504 Plan for students who are enrolled in Special Education or have a 504 Plan.
- Health Plans from the previous school for any medical conditions that we will need to be aware of and plan for.
Walk-in registration for students NEW to Southern Hancock Schools for 2018-19 will be held on three dates: Tuesday, July 10, Tuesday, July 24 and Wednesday, July 25, 2018.
- All CSCSHC schools are open for walk-in registration on Tuesday, July 10th from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. NOTE: High School students will not receive a class schedule on this date. Instead, they will schedule a time to meet with a counselor to set up a schedule. Incoming students to New Palestine Junior High should report to NPHS for registration on July 10.
- Brandywine Elementary, New Palestine Elementary, Sugar Creek Elementary, New Palestine Intermediate: Tuesday, July 24 from 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- New Palestine Junior High and New Palestine High: Tuesday, July 24 from 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. AND Wednesday, July 25 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
If you are a new move-in family and have questions about enrollment, please contact Amber Rush at email@example.com.
Students Living Outside of our District:
Transfer applications for the district are now open for the 2018-2019 school year.
CSCSHC is now accepting applications for Out of District Transfers for 2018-2019.
Packets must be filled out completely and turned in to the district office or sent, via e-mail, to Amber Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org. The district will begin reviewing packets on March 5, 2018.
Incomplete packets will not be accepted or considered. Completed packets may take up to 30 days to process.
Transfer Student applications will be considered on an individual basis. Consideration will be based on class size and building capacity.
Applications will be accepted until July 20, 2018.
Each year, in July, we ask families to step through a Registration/Enrollment process to update valuable student information for our schools. The following is a checklist to ensure a completed Registration/Enrollment for the current school year.
This process must be completed in a web browser and not on the PowerSchool mobile app.
- Visit PowerSchool https://power.newpal.k12.in.us/public/ and log in using your Parent Single Sign-On account. This process must be completed through a web browser and not the PowerSchool mobile app.
- If you do not have a Parent Account, please contact the school for information regarding your parent web access id and password to establish a connection to your student.
- Select Student Info Register/Update tab along the left navigation column.
- Click the Launch Registration/Update Program
- Fill in Each page with updated/correct information.
- Click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of each page.
- You will get a Success Page when the process is complete.
- Remit Instructional Fees to the school by mail or through the online payment option under the View/Pay Student Fees tab in PowerSchool.
For additional information or assistance contact the CSCSHC Administration Office at 317.861.4463.