The Southern Hancock Little Dragons Developmental Preschool Program supports students who have been identified for special education services.
Developmental Preschool meets for 2 half-days per week, (either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs,) for 3.5 hours each day. Placement is determined by the classroom teacher.
The Developmental Preschool curriculum supports the achievement of early learning milestones for school readiness, including:
• Pre-kindergarten readiness skills (counting, sorting, labeling, matching, etc.)
• Social and emotional skills to facilitate play with peers and establishing classroom procedures
• Communication skills to support social interaction (turn-taking, sharing, asking and answering questions), functional skills (listening, following directions, making requests, responding to requests), and articulation of sounds;
• Gross and fine motor development to ensure students can navigate the school environment and develop pre-writing habits
• Self-help and independence
Our Developmental Preschool Program includes "Typical Peers", who serve as age-appropriate models in the developmental preschool program, which is a fee-based program. For additional information about the Typical Peer program in our Developmental Preschool program, click here.
Do not use the online registration process for these programs. Due to the evaluative process needed for these programs, you will need to contact Mrs. McNeany (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Antle (email@example.com).