We are #newpalproud to welcome New Palestine's 3 and 4-year-olds to our Little Dragons Early Learning Program!
In the Little Dragons learning community, teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and community members collaborate to ensure a positive and safe learning environment while building a strong academic and social-emotional foundation for life-long learning
Our Early Learning Program is comprised of two different education offerings. CSCSHC is committed to Early Childhood Education by offering developmental preschool for 3 and 4-year-olds as well as Pre-Kindergarten programming for 4-year-olds.
The Southern Hancock Little Dragons Developmental Preschool Program supports students who have been identified with developmental delays. The Developmental Preschool curriculum supports the achievement of early learning milestones for school readiness, including::
• Pre-kindergarten readiness skills (counting, sorting, labeling, matching, etc.)
• Social and emotional skills to facilitate play with peers and establishing classroom procedures
• Communication skills to support social interaction (turn-taking, sharing, asking and answering questions), functional skills (listening, following directions, making requests, responding to requests), and articulation of sounds;
• Gross and fine motor development to ensure students can navigate the school environment and develop pre-writing habits
• Self-help and independence
If you believe your child may qualify for our Developmental Preschool Program, please contact CSCSHC Special Education Coordinator Joanna Mulligan at email@example.com.
Our Developmental Preschool Program supports students with developmental delays by including 3 and 4-year-old "Typical Peers", who serve as age-appropriate models in the developmental preschool program. For information about enrolling your 3 or 4-year-old as a Typical Peer in our Developmental Preschool Program, click here.
For enrollment information for our Pre-Kindergarten program or to enroll, please click here. If you have additional questions about our Pre-Kindergarten Program, please see this presentation from Principal Katy Eastes that was provided at our Pre-K Roundup or contact Principal Eastes directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.