As we finish our 2019-2020 school year virtually, our district has provided several additional access points for Wi-Fi. period of multiple E-Learning Days, we want to provide information to help make your experience as easy as possible.
Wi-Fi signals at three of our schools have been boosted to the parking lot. Please visit Brandywine Elementary, New Palestine Junior High, or New Palestine High School to connect to our network from a student device.
- Brandywine Elementary: Park on the west side of the building near Door 2.
- New Palestine Junior High: Park on the west side of the building nearest Co. Rd. 600W. This area is the car line dropoff/pickup line during a normal school day.
- New Palestine High School: Enter from the US 52 side and park near the auditorium. Please do not use the innermost lane nearest the building. This area is reserved for our grab-and-go lunch service program.
The district is providing four additional Wi-Fi access points to assist families with the competition of E-Learning assignments.
Southern Hancock buses with Wi-Fi access will be parked at the following locations from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year:
- 3337 W US 40 at the former Sugar Creek Township fire station.
- In a cul-de-sac near the intersection of Bomar Circle and E. Bomar Lane in the BoMar Manor neighborhood in Greenfield.
- 524 US-52. This parking lot is located at the northeast corner of State Road 9 and US 52.
- An additional Wi-Fi hub has been placed in the leasing office at the Washington Village Apartments. This access point will be available from the parking lot 24/7.
To utilize these access points, please park within 300 feet of the router. Students must be using their school-provided devices. Your student's device should automatically connect to the NP-Student network. No login information is required from the student's device. You may not connect to this network with another device. Students and parents will not be permitted to board our buses due to social distancing restrictions.
Wi-Fi is also available at both branches of the Hancock County Public Library. The Sugar Creek branch is located at 5731 US-52 in New Palestine. The Central Library branch is located at 900 W McKenzie Road in Greenfield.
We encourage all families to follow local, state, and federal guidelines for COVID-19 while using these additional Wi-Fi access points.
Here are a few helpful reminders about how to use Canvas to access assignments on an E-Learning Day:
To access Canvas on a home device (laptop, tablet, or phone) other than your student’s district-provided device:
1. Go to newpal.instructure.com
2. Enter the Username and Password:
3. Click on the student’s class on the Dashboard and find the lesson posted for students.
All E-Learning assignments for the next six instructional days will be due on Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
If you are having problems with technology, please call the help desk hotlines from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. on all E-Learning Days:
- General Technology Line (Canvas issues): 317-620-1121
- MacBook Support Line: 317-620-1794
- iPad Support: 317-620-1743
As we go through this new process together, communication is key. Communicate with your teachers as needed to make sure this is as successful as it possibly can be for your child.