Welcome to the Community School Corporation of Southern Hancock County. We are happy to have you as a part of our school family!
New Move-In District Students:
If you are new to our district and live within our district boundaries, please use the map below to determine which of our three elementary schools your K-4 child will attend.
All 5th and 6th-grade students will attend New Palestine Intermediate School. All 7th and 8th-grade students will attend New Palestine Junior High. All 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students will attend New Palestine High School.
Registration for new students coming to CSCSHC for the 2019-2020 school year is scheduled for June 11 and July 16 at New Palestine High School. Families are welcome to come by anytime from 12 pm. until 7 p.m. Again, this registration is only for students new to Southern Hancock for 2019-2020.
Please make sure you have the following documents when you come to register your student:
- A copy of your student's transcript (if available) from their previous school
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of residency (this must be a driver's license, bill, anything that is official from your home purchase or rental agreement.)
Additional Documentation as it pertains to your student:
- IEP or 504 Plan for students who are enrolled in Special Education or have a 504 Plan.
- Health Plans from the previous school for any medical conditions that we will need to be aware of and plan for.
If you are a new move-in family and have questions about enrollment, please contact Amber Rush at email@example.com.
Students Living Outside of our District:
CSCSHC is currently accepting applications for 2019-2020 Out-of-District transfer students. Please download this packet and return to the CSCSHC Administration Office or send by mail to the following:
CSCSHC Administration Office
PO Box 508
New Palestine, IN 46163
The new student registration dates on June 16th and July 11th do NOT apply to transfer students. You will receive registration and enrollment information separately.
The re-enrollment process for 2019-2020 will open soon. Once re-enrollment opens, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete this process in PowerSchool. The following is a checklist to ensure a completed Registration/Enrollment for the current school year.
This process must be completed in a web browser and not on the PowerSchool mobile app.
- Visit PowerSchool https://power.newpal.k12.in.us/public/ and log in using your Parent Single Sign-On account. This process must be completed through a web browser and not the PowerSchool mobile app.
- If you do not have a Parent Account, please contact the school for information regarding your parent web access id and password to establish a connection to your student.
- Select Student Info Register/Update tab along the left navigation column.
- Click the Launch Registration/Update Program
- Fill in Each page with updated/correct information.
- Click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of each page.
- You will get a Success Page when the process is complete.
- Remit Instructional Fees to the school by mail or through the online payment option under the View/Pay Student Fees tab in PowerSchool.
For additional information or assistance contact the CSCSHC Administration Office at 317.861.4463.
Enrollment for our 2019-2020 Little Dragons Pre-Kindergarten is OPEN! We invite all students who will be 4-years-old on or before August 1, 2019, to join us at New Palestine Elementary for our Pre-K program. We have half and full-day options available.
Click here to visit our Little Dragons Early Learning page, where you can learn more about Pre-Kindergarten and Developmental Preschool. You may also be interested in this presentation from Pre-K Roundup earlier this year. Click here to download our Little Dragons enrollment application. If you are an out-of-district family wishing to enroll in Pre-K, your application MUST be submitted before July 19, 2019.